Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 11.0.60507.1:
01 Aug 2013
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Passing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
Best Practices Analyzer: install on the TFS Server (Application Tier)
Process Template Editor: VS Pro and up
Other: Team Explorer or VS Pro and up
Note: VS Express users download Team Explorer for free to use the power tools (except for the Process Template Editor)
Best Practices Analyzer
A diagnostic tool that you can use to perform the following actions:
•Verify that the deployment for Team Foundation Server is configured according to recommended best practices
•Identify the source of problems in an unhealthy deployment
•Take a snapshot of the configuration of a deployment
•Obtain usage data about the volume of data stored or accessed in the past 14 days. Includes specific information about database tables that have a tendency to grow and that may need to be reduced in size.
A Visual Studio add-in, located under the Team | Team Project Settings | Source Control menu. It adds the following checkin policies:
Custom Path Policy This policy scopes other policies to specific folders or file types
Forbidden Patterns Policy This policy prevents users from checking in files with fobidden filename patterns
Work Item Query Policy This policy allows you to specify a work item query whose results will be the only legal work items for a check-in to be associated with
Process Template Editor
A Visual Studio add-in, located under the Tools menu. The Process Template Editor provides a graphical user interface for customizing work items (field, workflow and the form) and process templates.
This tool enables you to create shapes for the PowerPoint storyboarding add-in with custom resize logic.
Team Explorer Enhancements
This tool provides additional Visual Studio menu options and functions to support finding files under version control by status or wildcard, opening a folder using File Explorer from the Source Control Explorer context menu, and
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools.msi (a988f052d1d8) - ## / 55
- TFSPowerTools2012.11.0.60507.1.nupkg (eb17970472ca) - ## / 56
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools 11.0.60507.1||1056||Thursday, August 1, 2013||Unknown|
|Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools 11.0.60507.0||422||Monday, May 13, 2013||Unknown|
© 2012 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Try to fix issue that cause re-install to fail
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools and the Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.