Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.8.3:
07 Apr 2016
- Geoffrey Huntley
Tags:toastify spotify keyboard hotkeys
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Passing and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing FailedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator doc on 07 Apr 2016.
Toastify shows a popup, toast style, dialog on track change and it allows you to use global hot keys for Play/Pause, Next, Previous etc. Toastify is developed using C# and WPF.
$packageName = 'toastify' $installerType = 'EXE' $url = 'https://toastify.codeplex.com/downloads/get/1554919' $url64 = 'https://toastify.codeplex.com/downloads/get/1554919' $silentArgs = '/S' $validExitCodes = @(0) Install-ChocolateyPackage "$packageName" "$installerType" "$silentArgs" "$url" "$url64" -validExitCodes $validExitCodes
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|toastify 1.8.3||2558||Thursday, April 7, 2016||Approved|
|toastify 1.7.8||419||Wednesday, October 21, 2015||Approved|
|toastify 1.7.3||461||Monday, March 23, 2015||Approved|
|toastify 1.6.6||549||Tuesday, August 19, 2014||Unknown|
|toastify 1.6.3||363||Wednesday, June 25, 2014||Unknown|
Toastify 1.8.3 - 10/3/2016
- BUG: Toastify was no longer minimizing Spotify on startup (when the setting was set) - thanks darrenshare!
- Exception handling cleanup
# Toastify 1.8.2 - 8/3/2016
- Fixed crash when clicking on toast (that should show Spotify)
# Toastify 1.8.0 - 8/3/2016
- Toastify now loads album art again
- Toastify no longer causes Spotify to consume copious amounts of system resources (Spotify readded the current playing song to the title).
- - We lose full control of Spotify, such as thumbs up / down :(
- Added setting to allow you to keep your computer awake while Spotify is playing music
- We have started collecting anonymous usage stats - opt out in Settings.
# Toastify 1.7.8 - 26/8/2015
- Fixed toast stealing focus (thanks to everyone who reported this)
- Fixed version constantly bugging to update
# Toastify 1.7.7 - 12/8/2015
- Fixed incorrect binaries pushed in 1.7.6 which caused the toasts to disappear on some devices
# Toastify 1.7.6 - 10/8/2015
- Support for extracting Artist / Song from the latest version of Spotify (thanks arosner3 and emptythecache!)
- Fixed empty toast during launch
- Fixed fps drop (in at least one case) as per https://toastify.codeplex.com/discussions/641430
# Toastify 1.7.5 - 23/3/2015
- Experimental hotkeys for thumbs up and thumbs down (fixes a long standing request, #11693)
- 13363 - use regular - instead of Unicode dash for "artist - title" to help with some older bits of ASCII only software
# Toastify 1.7.4 - 22/3/2015
- Added a setting to minimize Spotify on launch
- Feature Request 13516: Save current track to file (useful for scenarios such as piping the current playing track to Open Broadcaster Software etc.)
- Installer will now terminate any lingering ChromeDriver processes
# Toastify 1.7.3 - 20/3/2015
- Remove warning that hotkeys without a modifier are invalid (since they were, in fact, valid). Tracked under issue #13510
- More robust killing of Spotify (cleanly and eventually forcefully) when exiting Toastify
- Avoid potential for duplicate hotkey entries in the Settings list
# Toastify 1.7.2
- Corrected version (bug #13508)
- Added support for Win key in hotkeys (thanks bwp11!)
# Toastify 1.7.1
- Support for Spotify v1
- This support is much more invasive than previous versions due to changes made by Spotify (primarily the removal of the Artist / Track from the title bar). It has some benefits, but also comes with some down sides (we must restart Spotify when launching Toastify). There will also be bugs.
- Support for Toast positioning on high-DPI screens, you may need to re-position your Toasts
- This discussion is only about toastify and the toastify package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or toastify, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.