Downloads of v 126.96.36.199
Messenger Reviver is a messenger repair tool that allows use of Windows Live Messenger even after the migration to Skype.
This simple app can install working versions of Messenger 2012 or Messenger 2009 and also Revive (repair and modify) versions of Messenger 2012, 2011, and 2009 that are already installed.
Reviver checks to see if Messenger is currently installed, which versions can be modified, and if they need any new repairs.
Reviver will even know if Skype automatically removed Messenger. While Reviver will allow you to sign into Messenger for the time being, it will not extend past the full discontinuation date (estimated to be March 2014).
Reviver will offer different options depending on whether or not Messenger is currently installed or if it was installed but removed by Skype.
In the first case you will be able to select from a list of detected versions of Messenger. If Messenger is not installed you can choose to install Messenger 2012 or 2009 (but not 2011) and pick from 47 supported languages.
Finally, if Skype has removed Messenger you will be prompted to begin repairs to restore it.
All of these different processes are very simple and quick, allowing you to use Messenger again. The installations and repairs to the different versions of Messenger do not change or update the programs.
They still function the same as before. Thankfully Reviver is just a great and simple way to maintain your favorite version of Messenger without having to switch to Skype.
To install Messenger Reviver, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install messengerreviver
To upgrade Messenger Reviver, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade messengerreviver
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- messengerreviver.188.8.131.52.nupkg (f211047a980f) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- MessengerReviver-2-4-7-2.exe (48aaaf768b78) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|Messenger Reviver 184.108.40.206||646||Thursday, April 17, 2014|
|Messenger Reviver 220.127.116.11||343||Saturday, February 22, 2014|
|Messenger Reviver 18.104.22.168||389||Wednesday, September 11, 2013|
|Messenger Reviver 22.214.171.12430517||331||Friday, May 17, 2013|
|Messenger Reviver 126.96.36.19930516||353||Wednesday, May 15, 2013|
Discussion for the Messenger Reviver Package
- This discussion is only about Messenger Reviver and the Messenger Reviver package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Messenger Reviver, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.