Downloads of v 8.1.4
Junkware Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer. A common tactic among freeware publishers is to offer their products for free, but bundle them with PUPs in order to earn revenue. This tool will help you remove these types of programs from your computer.
When run, Junkware Removal Tool will remove all traces of these programs including their services, processes, files, folders, registry keys, registry values, and browser plugins.
To install Junkware Removal Tool, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install jrt
To upgrade Junkware Removal Tool, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade jrt
$packageName = 'jrt' $url = 'https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/jrt/' $checksum = '2000acf98ef0ac1a2d75c91586b5f30a2bc3ece6e92388b324614c93a0645cf5' $checksumType = 'sha256' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Get-ChocolateyWebFile -PackageName "$packageName" ` -FileFullPath "$installFile" ` -Url "$url" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" Write-Verbose "Create an empty sidecar metadata file for closed-source shimgen.exe to indicate gui" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- jrt.8.1.4.nupkg (b7059e094680) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- JRT.exe (2000acf98ef0) - ## / 64 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
- Automatically built and uploaded by dtgm
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.1.4||6563||Thursday, July 27, 2017||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.1.3||831||Friday, April 14, 2017||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.1.2||530||Friday, March 17, 2017||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.1.1||711||Saturday, January 21, 2017||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.0.9||841||Thursday, October 20, 2016||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.0.7||4287||Wednesday, July 20, 2016||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.0.6||282||Monday, June 20, 2016||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.0.2||609||Saturday, January 9, 2016||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 8.0.1||322||Wednesday, November 25, 2015||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 6.3.9||1103||Sunday, November 30, 2014||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 6.1.9||709||Sunday, September 21, 2014||approved|
|Junkware Removal Tool 6.1.4||753||Monday, April 7, 2014|
|Junkware Removal Tool 6.1.2||375||Saturday, February 22, 2014|
|Junkware Removal Tool 6.1.1||373||Tuesday, February 4, 2014|
|Junkware Removal Tool 6.1.0||398||Sunday, January 19, 2014|
|Junkware Removal Tool 6.0.8||393||Sunday, November 24, 2013|
|Junkware Removal Tool 1.1||297||Wednesday, February 17, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the Junkware Removal Tool Package
- This discussion is only about Junkware Removal Tool and the Junkware Removal Tool package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Junkware Removal Tool, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.