Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.8.0:
26 Oct 2020
- Roger Meier
Tags:coolterm console serial emulator
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
1 Test Passing and 1 Exempted Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing Exempt:
Temporarily exempted from package-verifier due to this issue: https://github.com/chocolatey/package-verifier/issues/106
This package was approved by moderator gep13 on 07 Jan 2021.
CoolTerm is a simple serial port terminal application (no terminal emulation) that is geared towards hobbyists and professionals with a need to exchange data with hardware connected to serial ports such as servo controllers, robotic kits, GPS receivers, microcontrollers, etc.
The features of CoolTerm include:
- Capability of multiple concurrent connections if multiple serial ports are available.
- Display of received data in plain text or hexadecimal format.
- Special character handling.
- Sending data via keypresses as well as a "Send String" dialog that supports data entry in plain text or hexadecimal format.
- Sending data via copy-paste of text into the terminal window.
- Sending of text files via dialog or drag-and-drop.
- Capability of capturing received data to text/binary files.
- Local echo of transmitted data.
- Local echo of received data (loop back to sender).
- Hardware (CTS, DTR) and software flow control (XON).
- Visual line status indicators.
- Capability of manually toggling line states of certain handshaking signals when hardware flow control is disabled.
- Configurable character, line, and packet delays.
- Capability of saving and retrieving connection options.
- and more...
$packagename = 'coolterm' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'https://freeware.the-meiers.org/CoolTermWin.zip' $checksum = '2c4b4749742d8707ba3c7a502090243f9b7db97ff49732b384e4d174a63c1a242accee22cb30f70e0369b63a260f7dbd553e9e3e214c0db75a58d65ab84fdc51' $checksumType = 'sha512' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|CoolTerm 1.8.0||57||Monday, October 26, 2020||Approved|
Copyright (c) 2007-2020 Roger Meier
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about CoolTerm and the CoolTerm package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or CoolTerm, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.